Delete Itunes Account
Apple has become one of the biggest brands today. A lot of people now own at least one Apple product. To make life easier for their clients, Apple has given them the opportunity to purchase multimedia files without stepping out of their home. An iTunes account allows you to access the Apple Online Store, where you can purchase multimedia files such as music and movies over the Internet. While having an iTunes account is undeniably convenient, there may come a time when it stops being convenient and instead becomes a burden. This article gives information on how to delete iTunes account without a problem.
How to delete iTunes account
There is no Delete iTunes Account option on iTunes itself, so you wont be able to get rid of your account personally. However, there are still some options available to you if you want to get rid of your account. There are five possible ways for you to delete iTunes account:
- Delete iTunes account option #1: Delete iTunes account completely. If you want to cancel your account, you will need to contact Apple to delete iTunes account. Send them an e-mail and ask them to cancel your iTunes account. You will need to give the reason for your decision, as well as any other information you may be asked by the company (like the last four digits of your iTunes account and the order number of the item you last purchased).
Do think carefully before you delete your iTunes account. Once you cancel your account, you will no longer be able to gain access to the files you purchased from the iTunes store, and its not possible for you to reactivate the canceled account. Its still possible for you to create a new account in the future, but the old files you got from your previous account wont be carried over to the new account (do note that its possible for you to burn or copy the files you got from the Apple store before you delete iTunes account). Furthermore, cancelling your Apple/iTunes account can make it difficult for you to sign in to other Apple websites (unless you have an alternative account), which means that you also wont be able to upgrade apps that are tied to your old account. As such, think carefully before you get rid of your iTunes account completely.
- Delete iTunes account option #2: Disabling your account. Disabling your account wont technically delete iTunes account, but it will keep users from making purchases from the online store of Apple. To do this, you will also need to email Apple to ask them to disable your account.
- Delete iTunes account option #3: Removing billing information. Like disabling your account, removing the billing information wont actually delete iTunes account, but its a good alternative to use if you still want to continue to have access to your old files. Simply removing the billing/credit card information will keep you or other users from making purchases using the iTunes account, but will still allow users to gain access to the files that were purchased from the Apple store. You can simply plug in the billing information in the future if you change your mind and want to use your account once again.
To delete iTunes account using this method, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Go to the iTunes Store.
- Go to Account (found on the toolbar on the right side)
- Sign in to your account
- Go to Edit Payment Information
- Delete the information there, or else fill the credit card information with zeros so that no one will be able to use the account to purchase products from the Apple Online Store.
- Delete iTunes account option #4: Changing the password. If the reason you want to delete iTunes account is because youre worried that your account has been compromised, you can simply change the password instead of actually deleting your account. You can change your password frequently in order to add some measure of protection to your account.
- Delete iTunes account option #5: Disabling your computers access to the iTunes store. You can simply remove your computers ability to gain access to the iTunes store. In order to do this, you will need to open iTunes and then go to the online store. Clicking Deauthorize Computer and then entering your iTunes account password when prompted should disable your computers access to the program.
Before you make any decisions, make sure to think about whether you want to really delete iTunes account or not. Don’t make any rash decisions, or you may just end up regretting the choice that youve made. If you simply don’t want to purchase products from the online store anymore, you can just stop visiting the store or make it inaccessible to your computer so that you wont be tempted to purchase items from there.